With the onset of summer, people look for end number of ways to keep themselves away from the heat strokes. Here is a run-down of three vibrant coloured drinks that you can try your hands on and keep yourself cool this summer! So, plan a get-together of friends and family at your home space, and surprise them with these drinks!
Red: Home Chef Kunal Anand shares the recipe of Pop-Your-Cherry Cocktail
Gin 30 ml
Vodka 30 ml
Lime bacardi rum 30 ml
Aerated water 20 ml
Cranberry juice 40 ml
- Add 2 spoons of crushed blueberries
- Top it with crushed ice
- Mix/ shake 1/2 spoon sugar syrup, aerated water, cranberry juice, lime flavoured bacardi rum, vodka and gin.
- Pour it gently over crushed ice
- Place cherry and lemon slice on the rim of the glass
Orange: Chef Dheeraj Mathur, Indyaki, Radisson blu Hotel, Paschim Vihar shares the recipe of Kali Gajar ki Kanji
Kali Gajar/ purple carrots 3 ( 250gms)
Water in a glass jar or earthenware pot 1 liter
Ground rai (small mustard seeds) 2 Tbsp
Kuti lal mirch 2 tsp
Kala namak 2 tsp
- Peel the carrots and cut into 3-4 cm long batons. Fill the jar (or earthen pot) with water. Add the spices, the two salts, and the prepared carrots. Stir.
- Let sit on a sunny sill for 5-6 days. Stir and pour into small glasses.
- Serve pieces of the pickled carrots on the side.
- You may refrigerate the contents after the sixth day or leave it in a cool dark place.
- It can last a long time (even up to a month…but won’t!) Kanji used to be traditionally prepared in a matka, a round earthenware pot, but it is now commonly prepared in glass jars or regular stoneware martabans.
Purple: Chef Ravindra Chaudhury. Executive chef of Fio Cookhouse & Bar shares the recipe of Hot Wired Mocktail
Black currant crush 30 ml
Blackberry puree 30 ml
Lemon juice 15 ml
Rock salt 1/2 tsp
Soda for top up
- Build up all the ingredients in a tall glass along with crushed ice.
- Top up with soda.
- Garnish with lemon slices, cherry and blackberry puree.
So, enjoy sipping on these drinks and let me know how you liked them @